Why Kruger and Company
Kruger and Company specializes in Commercial Real Estate in Aspen and Luxury Resort Properties Worldwide! Our connections through The International Real Estate Federation (FIABCI) and our relationships with the highest level of international brokers in NAR place us in the enviable position to work with the best of the best around the world. The NGO status of FIABCI with the United Nations affords us the most incredible opportunities of “in the right place at the right time” situations. We can tap into that level of professional to either find you a property anywhere in the work, or to find a buyer from any country across the globe.
Our focus in Aspen on the Commercial Market has given us a unique opportunity to work with nearly all of the local landlords, architects, builders, attorneys, accountants, retailers and restaurateurs over the past 18 years. We have built relationships with nearly all of the elected official and staff in City Hall, giving us the unique advantage of being able to have instant conversations and credibility in most of the offices within the region.
We have created introspective and redevelopment scenarios in most of the buildings downtown Aspen and watched as the rules have been crafted and redrafted over the last 2 decades.
Ruth has traveled the world learning best practices in Asia, South and Central America, Mexico and Canada, Europe, The Middle East, The Far East, and most states in the US. This uncanny, diverse collaboration of experiences and contacts makes her the most reliable to come up with new ideas and new clients and customers for your unique project. Her commitment to high standards of excellence for the community of Aspen along with her combination of knowledge and experience has put her in the best position to help you find that special place or slant on an idea. With continual training and desire to stay in the flow and on the cutting edge of technology she is able to find new and uncanny ways to package and market properties. Her local connections and knowledge of the commercial core put her in the best possible position to find what you want and how to negotiate the best position for your particular needs and investment desires.
Education and Experience
- Michigan State University
- Southern Methodist University
- Commercial Brokerage from 1989
- General Brokerage from 1979
- Hotel and Restaurant Management
- Property Management
- Expert Witness
- Court Appointed Receiver
Designations and Positions
- CCIM – Certified Commercial Investment Member: Intensive commercial education in property analysis, psychology of selling, property management, time value of money, highest and best use and more.
- FIREC – International Real Estate Consultant, Rigorous international studies and experience through FIABCI.
- CIPS – Certified International Property Specialist, Intensive education in international business and cultural behaviors.
- RSPS – Resort and Second Home Property Specialist, In depth education in tax treatment and analysis of vacation homes.
- TRC – Transnational Referral Certificate, International and National referral network.
- FIABCI – International Board of Directors 2015-16
- FIABCI – Nominations Committee Vice President
- FIABCI – Oversight Committee International Prix d’ Excellence Awards and International Judge 2010-present
- FIABCI-USA – Board of Directors, Treasurer 2014-15, President 2015-16
- FIABCI-USA – Chair/Founder of the Grand Prix Awards
- Planning and Zoning Board 2000-2005
- Planning and Zoning Chair 2006
- Aspen City Council appointment 2011
- Aspen Historical Society Board of Directors 2007-2012
- Aspen Ski Ambassador 1997-2003
- General Manager Grand Aspen Hotel 1997- 2002
- FIABCI -The International Real Estate Federation
- AREA – Associated Realty of the America
- AMPI – The Professional Real Estate Association of Mexico
- ABOR – Aspen Board of Realtors
- CAR – Colorado Association of Realtors
- NAR – National Association of Realtors