Why Kruger and Company
Kruger and Company specializes in Commercial Real Estate in Aspen and Luxury Resort Properties Worldwide! Our connections through The International Real Estate Federation (FIABCI) and our relationships with the highest level of international brokers in NAR place us in the enviable position to work with the best of the best around the world. The NGO status of FIABCI with the United Nations affords us the most incredible opportunities of “in the right place at the right time” situations. We can tap into that level of professional to either find you a property anywhere in the work, or to find a buyer from any country across the globe.
Our focus in Aspen on the Commercial Market has given us a unique opportunity to work with nearly all of the local landlords, architects, builders, attorneys, accountants, retailers and restaurateurs over the past 18 years. We have built relationships with nearly all of the elected official and staff in City Hall, giving us the unique advantage of being able to have instant conversations and credibility in most of the offices within the region.
We have created introspective and redevelopment scenarios in most of the buildings downtown Aspen and watched as the rules have been crafted and redrafted over the last 2 decades.
Ruth has traveled the world learning best practices in Asia, South and Central America, Mexico and Canada, Europe, The Middle East, The Far East, and most states in the US. This uncanny, diverse collaboration of experiences and contacts makes her the most reliable to come up with new ideas and new clients and customers for your unique project. Her commitment to high standards of excellence for the community of Aspen along with her combination of knowledge and experience has put her in the best position to help you find that special place or slant on an idea. With continual training and desire to stay in the flow and on the cutting edge of technology she is able to find new and uncanny ways to package and market properties. Her local connections and knowledge of the commercial core put her in the best possible position to find what you want and how to negotiate the best position for your particular needs and investment desires.
Education and Experience
- Michigan State University
- Southern Methodist University
- Commercial Brokerage from 1989
- General Brokerage from 1979
- Hotel and Restaurant Management
- Property Management
- Expert Witness
- Court Appointed Receiver
Designations and Positions
- CCIM – Certified Commercial Investment Member: Intensive commercial education in property analysis, psychology of selling, property management, time value of money, highest and best use and more.
- FIREC – International Real Estate Consultant, Rigorous international studies and experience through FIABCI.
- CIPS – Certified International Property Specialist, Intensive education in international business and cultural behaviors.
- RSPS – Resort and Second Home Property Specialist, In depth education in tax treatment and analysis of vacation homes.
- TRC – Transnational Referral Certificate, International and National referral network.
- FIABCI – International Board of Directors 2015-16
- FIABCI – Nominations Committee Vice President
- FIABCI – Oversight Committee International Prix d’ Excellence Awards and International Judge 2010-present
- FIABCI-USA – Board of Directors, Treasurer 2014-15, President 2015-16
- FIABCI-USA – Chair/Founder of the Grand Prix Awards
- Planning and Zoning Board 2000-2005
- Planning and Zoning Chair 2006
- Aspen City Council appointment 2011
- Aspen Historical Society Board of Directors 2007-2012
- Aspen Ski Ambassador 1997-2003
- General Manager Grand Aspen Hotel 1997- 2002
- FIABCI -The International Real Estate Federation
- AREA – Associated Realty of the America
- AMPI – The Professional Real Estate Association of Mexico
- ABOR – Aspen Board of Realtors
- CAR – Colorado Association of Realtors
- NAR – National Association of Realtors
Katie McKirahan, Broker Associate October 2013-Present
Katie has a degree from University of Colorado Boulder in Finance and Real Estate graduated in 2008. Graduated with Honors she is committed to excellence and integrity.
She has lived in the Roaring Fork Valley for nearly ten years. She has a depth of knowledge of the area both fiscally and environmentally. Teaching skiing and working in hospitality she is well versed in the clientele and product. Vivacious and passionate she will work hard to find you whatever your needs may be in the housing or commercial market. With a dedication to the community she will share her love for the valley she calls home.
Katie is an avid outdoors woman. She has taught skiing for over 8 years and has been a raft guide for over 6 years. She has guided the Grand Canyon, Cataract Canyon (twice, Colorado River Moab to Lake Powell), Gates of Lodore (Green River), Westwater Canyon and Ruby Horsetheif (both on the Colorado/Utah border).
Katie is an avid hiker traversing from Aspen to Crested Butte annually, completed the famed 4 Pass loop that circumnavigates the Maroon Bells over 4 passes and journeyed to the popular Conundrum Hot Springs. She is currently tackling the 54 Colorado 14ers (54 peaks in Colorado over 14,000 feet.) Thus far she has bagged Wetterhorn Peak, Mount Elbert, La Plata, Mount Yale, Castle Peak and Conundrum Peak. Plans right now are to complete Huron Peak, Grey’s Peak and Torrey’s Peak before the summer is out.
Katie has skied most of the ski areas in Colorado including Winter Park (grew up in the Eskimo Ski Club and raced throughout high school), Vail, Beaver Creek, A Basin, Keystone, Breckenridge, Wolf Creek (incredible snow pack), taught a year of skiing in Steamboat Springs (2007-2008), Telluride, Sol Vista, Powderhorn, Sunlight, and of course Buttermilk, Aspen Highlands, Snowmass and Aspen. Out of state she has skied Alta, Snowbird, Jackson Hole, Brighton, Whistler Blackholm, Park City, Deer Valley and The Canyons.
Katie is always looking for new adventures and experiences. Her passion translates to real estate. Raised in Castle Rock, Colorado this native wants to share her passion for Colorado. Come get a piece of the Colorado dream and let her be your guide.
Call today for an appointment or a chat about real estate or the outdoors. 303.882.4860
Education and Experience
- Bachelors of Science in Business
- Majored in Finance and Real Estate
- Graduated on the Dean’s List with Honors
- Ten Years living in the Roaring Fork Valley
- Concierge Services
- Property Management
- Hospitality Industry for over 10 years
- ABOR- Aspen Board of Realtors
- NAR- National Association of Realtors